The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) is a not-for-profit, multidisciplinary, professional organization dedicated to improving the care of patients with advanced heart or lung disease through transplantation, mechanical support and innovative therapies via research, education and advocacy.
The purposes of the Society are:
associate persons interested in the fields of heart and lung
transplantation, end-stage heart and lung disease, and related sciences.
- To encourage and stimulate basic and clinical research in these disciplines and to promote new therapeutic strategies.
- To hold scientific meetings featuring presentations and discussions relevant to these disciplines.
- To sponsor a scientific journal for the publication of manuscripts related to these disciplines.
- To establish and maintain an international registry for heart and lung transplantation.
- To award research grants and establish endowments for the study of these disciplines.